Friday, September 5, 2014

Chapter 1: Deal with It

Right.

So what did I supposedly do this time?

Well, it involved water, that's for sure. So...trick faucet?

Seriously, Jules? That was the best you could come up with? Or maybe that's what he wanted me to think. Something so mundane that no magic whatsoever could possibly be involved.

In other words, he made it look like I did it.


What a jerk.

So now I gotta take the fall for something he did. Hopefully it's something I can deal with, like grounding or privilege deprivation.

Heck, knowing my dad, he'd probably send me to boot camp.

Well, let's see how this goes...



"Take a seat, honey."

I always did feel a little better when Mom was talking. Could be it's because she's 'normal', like me. She always does try to cheer me up when I'm upset about not having magic powers.

Somehow, though, I don't think it's going to work this time.

"Right, where to start? Flint, can you take this?"


"Joe, we've kind of noticed you and your brother are getting more...shall we say 'competitive' lately?"

I'm pretty sure that's always been the case. I don't know when it really escalated between me and Jules.

"Anyway, it's starting to get on everybody's nerves. Your sisters are constantly telling your mother and I that it's starting to get annoying."

"The thing is, Joe, we're thinking that maybe it would be best if we separated the two of you. Like, have the both of you live in different places. That way, maybe things can settle down around here."

That's...well, that's an unusual punishment. I gotta admit, though, it's better than being stuck in a get along sweater.

"Sure, Mom. That could work. When's Jules moving out?"


"Well, there's the thing, son. We pretty much decided that...you were going to be the one moving out."

"But it was a tough decision, right, Flint?"

"Of course it was. But either way, we've  packed your things, and we already sent them off to the other family's house."

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Jules is more likely to stir up trouble, and I'm the one that gets kicked out? Say it's not so...

"You can stay the night here. But come early tomorrow morning, we're dropping you off at their house."

"And it's still in town, so you can visit whenever you want, honey!"

I'm not imagining this, am I?

So I pretty much got evicted because of a few pranks I got framed for.

Well, isn't that just super! 

Can things get any worse?

(End of Chapter 1.)

No comments:

Post a Comment