Friday, September 19, 2014

Chapter 5: Biggest Mother of All

"Um...Erica, right?"

"The one, the only, kid!"


To be honest, Erica looks nothing like I thought she would. I'd expected her to look more...wolfish?

But then, Dwayne doesn't look like that, either.

"Um...I take it you're an athlete?"

"You bet! Used to be a pro wrestler. I'm semi-retired now. Keyword is 'semi-'.

...Well, there's one type of person(?) I thought I'd never meet.




"Anyway, so how you settlin' in so far?"


"Hm? Um, pretty good, I guess-"

"Hey, that's great! Kids ain't bothering you or anything?"

I have to hand it to Erica. She doesn't mince her words.

"No, they're not. But I've only met Waylon so far. He seems nice, even if he's a bit..."

"Uppity? Yeah, I got no idea where he got that from. He sure as hell didn't get it from his father."

And I doubt he got it from his mother, either. I don't think I should be telling her that, though.

"Yeah, I guess you're right. And I guess I'm worried of offending all of you in some way. Especially since I know almost nothing about etiquette involving... you know..."

"What, werewolves? Ha! The thing to know about werewolf etiquette is that there is no werewolf etiquette! Anything goes! If shots are fired, then shots are fired!"

"So, I shouldn't worry about it?"

"Yeah, pretty much. Just remember that we ain't too friendly when it comes to that damn Van Gould clan. If you ain't related to them or working with them, then you're good people."

Don't deal with the 'Van Goulds', got it. Whoever they are.


"Shouldn't be a problem for me, then. I mean, who'd want to bother with a worthless human like me?"

"You, worthless? Nah! I've wrestled with a few humans back in my day. If they can hold their own against a werewolf, then I know there's hope for ya, yet!"

I get Erica is trying to make me feel better, but I'm still not convinced. I think she's just saying that because she's never had to worry about a lack of abilities.

Heck, I didn't fit in with my siblings, and they were the closest one could get to human without actually being human.

And if I couldn't fit in there...


How in the world am I going to fit in here?

(End of Chapter 5.)

No comments:

Post a Comment