Friday, September 26, 2014

Chapter 7: And Pappy makes Six...I think

"Hey, guys. What are your parents talking about?" 



I don't know what's harder to believe: that Dwayne and Erica seem bothered about something, or that they've not told the kids. 

"Yeah, it ain't like 'em at all! You know anything, Waylon?" 

"I do not. I am as confused as the two of you." 



"You do not suppose one of them is ill, by any chance?!" 

"Naw, that ain't it. If they was sick, we'd have all gotten it by now." 

Whatever it is, it sounds serious. Or at least that's what I get from it.

---


"I dunno, Dwayne. You sure it's a good idea? I mean, we just got Joe here..." 

"Well, I worry about him, Erica. You never know, he may end up getting into trouble if we're not there." 

"Well, he's so old! And crazy! He makes Gator look tame! And Gator ain't tame! What if he hurts Joe?" 

"I'll make sure he doesn't, Erica. Joe will be fine." 

I'm gonna be fine? What are they planning?

"The man's a batshit insane old fart! There's no predicting what he'll do!"



"Erica, I know he's crazy. But he's my father, and I need to keep an eye on him. I'd rather the Van Goulds not get a hold of him." 

"But...Oh, all right. But I ain't cleaning up his messes!" 

I didn't even know Dwayne had a dad. But then, I don't really know a whole lot about these guys.

Still, if another werewolf is coming to live with all of us, the least I can do is be polite to him.

(End of Chapter 7.)

No comments:

Post a Comment