Monday, September 15, 2014

Chapter 4: Dressing the Part

"So the agency says you're a twin?"

I never thought I'd trust an adult I'm not related to, but Dwayne seems nice enough.

"Yeah. He's the reason I had to leave my old house."


"Well, then talk about sibling rivalry gone wrong! If your twin's that bad, then I don't want to meet him."



That's only the understatement of the decade. And magic's involved, so...

"And hey... I can see that that's really bothering you, so..."


"What's say we get you a new look?"

I don't know what a change in appearance would do to help my predicament. It's worth a try, though.

Apparently, Dwayne thinks so, too. He even gave me recommendations on what clothes would work best with each other.

Still, I get the sinking feeling that it might have been one of Waylon's old outfits.


I hope it's not. And even if it is, I hope Waylon won't mind the ugly sweater I left in place of this ensemble.

"So, uh...how do I look?"


"Well, damned if I didn't think you were one of my kids already!"

Do I take that as a compliment, or...?

"Trust me, Joe. You'll be fine. Contrary to popular belief, not all werewolves are mindless smelly beasts. If you got something that's bothering you, just bring it up with me or Erica."

"And Erica is your...?"

"That would be my wife. And you know, I think she's home now. What say you go say hi to her?"

Wouldn't hurt to do that. If she's anything like Dwayne, she shouldn't be hard to get along with.

(End of Chapter 4.)

No comments:

Post a Comment