Monday, September 8, 2014

Chapter 2: Wolfish Welcome Wagon

I'm going to be sent away. 

No matter how many times I tell myself I must be dreaming, the reality is still there.


I can't believe that I'm pretty much going to get kicked out of my own home. 

No doubt Jules will be celebrating when he finds out. I don't know how my sisters will take it, but I know for sure he's gonna be really happy about it. 

Mom and Dad tried to reassure me. They said the family's nice, the school isn't too incredibly far away...

Still. 

I'm at least grateful Mom decided to bring me...
---


"You sure this is the place, Mom?" 

"It is! Hopefully they won't mind that you're here a little early. I wanted them to meet you before you went off to school." 

"I don't know, Mom. I'm still kind of nervous about all this..."

"Oh, don't be, honey. They have a son your age, so you'll have someone to socialize with. It's not like you'll have to deal with a bunch of rambunctious foster siblings!" 

How can I even consider the idea of arguing with my own mother? Especially when it looks like she gave birth some point last night? 

I think that's what happened. Faith came in earlier this morning and said we had a new sibling. None of us know whether or not it's human. 

But I guess it doesn't matter now.


"Now, promise you'll behave for the Wolff family, all right?" 

"Yes, Mom. I promise." 

Saying good-bye to my mom was honestly the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I mean, yeah, I'll see her around town, but it isn't the same. 

I'm all alone here, without anyone I can trust...

"Howdy! We weren't expecting you this early! You are the Macduff kid we agreed to take in, right?" 

Scratch that. I'm all alone here, without anyone I can trust...

And I'm living with a bunch of werewolves!

(End of Chapter 2.)

No comments:

Post a Comment