Friday, September 12, 2014

Chapter 3: Home Sweet Home

"So, um...Most sincere apologies that you had to see that. There are times when we are unable to contain our lycanthropic tendencies. Father seems to have forgotten that when he went to greet you."

I'll say. I never even knew 'lycanthropic' was a word until now.


"So you are Joe, I presume? It seems we're to share a room while you stay here. Not that I mind in the least. I quite enjoy being able to relate to someone."

This guy certainly doesn't look like he'd talk so eloquently. But that could just be me.

"Might I ask the circumstances that led to you joining our household?"




"Oh! Uh... I basically got blamed for things I didn't do, my parents decided sending me here was the best course of action, and...well, here I am, I guess!"

"Sent away on false charges...How awful! Regardless, you are here now. Of course, we hope to make sure you feel welcome here!"

"Okay..."

Great. I go from one family I don't fit into, to another family that I fit even less into! The only difference is that these are werewolves instead of magical beings.

What's this going to entail?

---

"So how was school?"


It's weird to see that guy without so much hair.

"Oh, it was fine, I guess. How was work, Mr. Wolff?"

"Please, Joe. No need to be so formal. Call me Dwayne."

Now there's something I have to get used to: calling an adult by their first name. I've always been taught that it was disrespectful to do so.

But then, I don't usually end up in the care of a family I'm not related to.

"Work was...all right, by the way. You know how it is, having to deal with politicians for so many hours a day."

"I don't, but I take it that it's stressful and annoying?"

"You bet. I take it you've settled in all right?"

I haven't, actually. Really, I don't even know what most of this house looks like. But at the same time, I don't want to upset Dwayne.

"Yeah, sure."

"Great! I hope the kids don't give you a hard time. Our youngest likes to gnaw on ankles. So be careful of him."

"I will. And I guess I should tell you why..."

"Why you're here? We already were told about it before you arrived. Personally, I don't think you look like a guy that pulls that kind of shit. But hey, what would I know?"

At least I have him not wanting to think I'm a bad kid? I think.

Something tells me this isn't going to be a normal stay...However long I'm supposed to be here.

(End of Chapter 3.)

No comments:

Post a Comment