Monday, September 22, 2014

Chapter 6: Oh-So-Cold-Blooded


"Hey, fang boy! What'd I tell you about showing your face around here?"


Today at school, the teacher insisted on us partnering up with another student for something. 

It was study-related, and that's about all I remember. Well, that, and I remember hearing the last name "Van Gould" as my partner. 

Maybe that should've set off an alarm for me?


"How many times do I gotta tell you to stay off my territory? Same goes for your daddy and that perky brat of a sister!" 

Oh...that's why. 

Right. Erica did tell me to stay away from any Van Goulds. 


"So what's the deal between your family and those vampires?" 

"Yer askin' the wrong one! That's been goin' on since before I was even born!" 

She's right. Maybe that's something best brought up with one of the adults. 

---

"Hey Dwayne, can I ask you something?" 

"Sure! Is something wrong?"

"No, not really. Just curious. What's the deal between the Wolffs and the Van Goulds?"

"Oh, that? Well, long story. The short version of it is that the two families are kind of in dispute with each other." 

A dispute over...?"

"Eh, nothing too big. Just over who was the family that founded the town."

That actually sounds enormous. Or at least bigger than what Dwayne's making it out to be.

"Don't worry, Joe. It's nothing you should be concerned about. Just, you know, steer clear of those vampires, all right?"


"If you say so."

Somehow I get the feeling that won't be easy, though.

After all, trouble has a way of finding me. 

(End of Chapter 6.)

No comments:

Post a Comment