Monday, September 1, 2014

Prologue

"Be proud that you are unique." What a load of bull.

I know so many people say that to help others feel better, but truth be told, it's not always effective.

What makes me 'unique'? The fact I'm the only one who hasn't inherited my dad's magical abilities. Sure, my mom isn't either, but that doesn't really make me feel better.

I don't think my oldest sister knows she's a witch, but she probably has suspicions.


It doesn't help that this family is messed up. And big. It's big and messed up. Why my parents thought bringing another child into the mix was a good idea, I'll never know.

Had the circumstances of my birth been a little different, I'd be a little more accepting of my non-magical state.

Except I got a twin brother. And he managed to be a wizard.



No fair.

And he and I don't get along. Usually, it's just pranks and practical jokes, but now I'm starting to think he's actually feeling threatened by "Average Joe".

Or at least, that's what I think happened.


Because something came up that I got blamed for.

And I'm pretty sure Jules had something to do with it.

Oh, why me?

(End of Prologue. And to anyone celebrating it, Happy Labor Day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment